Who we are
INVEST Essex is operated by the Let’s Do Business (South East) Group Limited a company limited by guarantee, registered in England & Wales, no. 07422542. Vat No. 114 497433. Registered Office: 7-9 Wellington Square, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 1PD.
Our contact details are:
8 Kingsdale Business Centre
Essex CM1 1PE
What information we collect and how
The information we collect via the website may include:
1. Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, company name, address, telephone number, and email address.
2. Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
3. Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
What we do with your information
INVEST Essex is committed to respecting your privacy and the privacy of every visitor who visits our website or contacts us via email or the contact us page. The information that we collect about you will be used to fulfil the required services and enable us to improve how we will deal with your requirements.
The information that we collect will only be used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. All data is retained within the United Kingdom.
INVEST Essex takes precautions, including administrative, technical, and physical measures, to safeguard your data against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We use industry-standard efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of data, including encryption, firewalls and SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your data.
We will only disclose your information to third parties when:
• We are required to do so by our funders or in relation to the contracts we manage
• If there is a business/operational need to do so we will inform you and seek your consent as we may use third parties to process data on our behalf of run projects in conjunction with other organisations. Should we anticipate such activity we will inform you at the point we collect information
• We are under a duty to do so in order to comply with a legal obligation or to protect the rights, property or safety of others; this includes, but is not limited to exchanging information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and crime prevention
• We will retain your information in line with the period outlined at the time the data is collected and only for as long as it is necessary to do so
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties are expressly forbidden from using your personal information for their own purposes.
Personal information is processed for the following specified purposes:
• Processing your requests and delivering services you request from us
• Sending you information you have requested
• Auditing the usage of our Website
• Monitoring the usage of our Website to enable us to update and tailor our Website to meet the need of users
• Sending marketing information only where a person has specifically consented to this
• To comply with our legal obligations including fraud protection and crime prevention
INVEST Essex will only send you a marketing email if you have given your consent to sign up to a mailing list, distribution or newsletter. Consent will always be our main priority. We ensure that we have a system in accordance with data protection principles whereby consent is freely given and that you are able to give a positive opt-in. This would always be your choice.
You have the right to remove your consent at any time by contacting us and requesting that processing of your details be restricted or deleted. To have your information removed, rectified or verified, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or unsubscribe.
You have the right to request the information we hold about you. This is known as a Subject Access Request (SAR). Before we agree to this, you must provide us with sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you with to see to enable us to locate it.
You have the right to correct any errors in information we hold about you and to change or correct any details you have already given us. Please inform us about changes to your details so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
Location Services Director
+44 (0) 7989 380435
In a career spanning over 30 years David’s experience includes large-scale factory management and 17 years in inward investment. David has worked with a wide range of major corporates and organisations in the UK and overseas, advising on inward investment projects, business relocations, expansion and consolidation projects.