Business success in Essex was highlighted at the annual North Essex Business Awards ceremony recently held at Braxted Park. The awards celebrate the very best in business success in the area. Winners were from all stages of business, small, medium and large, who had demonstrated excellence in their award category.
Essex County Council (ECC), through its Essex Innovation Programme and INVEST Essex programmes, were proud sponsors of the awards to further encourage and highlight the business excellence in the county.
“These awards are a fantastic way to showcase and celebrate the wealth of businesses and entrepreneurs we have in the county. Essex County Council is delighted to have sponsored the North Essex Business Awards. Congratulations to all the category winners who have clearly shown that Essex Means Business.”
Councillor John Jowers, Vice Chairman of Essex County Council
Award categories and winners
The 2016 award categories and winners were…
- New Company – Wishbone Publishing Ltd
- Small Business of the Year – The Lampshade Company
- Excellent Customer Service (Small) - Simply Serviced
- Excellent Customer Service (Medium) Inspired Health Chiropractic
- Excellent Customer Service – Large – VestGuard UK
- Growing Business – Beauty at the Bay
- Best Use of Social Media – Big Cars Ltd
- Excellence in Marketing – All Your Property Services
- Business to Business – Alchemy Recruitment
- Community (Charity) – Kids Backs for the Future
- Community (Private) – CJAM
- Environmental Awareness – Colchester Borough Council
- Apprentice of the Year – Lauren Wiffen, Braintree Council
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Christopher Melsa, Kitcrew
- Business Woman of the Year – Abigail Neill, Abigail’s Collection & the Groom’s Room
- Business Man of the Year – Andrew Green, Comfort Commissioning
About the sponsors
Essex County Council (ECC) is committed to helping businesses to grow and runs a number of business focussed programmes to help businesses start up and grow. The programmes work with businesses in Essex to maximise opportunity and return…
The Essex Innovation Programme (EIP) - a no fee programme of specialist expertise helping companies, both early stage and established, to develop their creative and innovative commercial ideas
INVEST Essex - works with businesses such as BT, IFDS and Woodland Logistics, as well as promoting the business solutions of Essex to businesses in the UK and abroad
“We were delighted to have Councillor John Jowers, Vice Chairman of Essex County Council, who opened the awards with an inspiring speech to show how EIP and INVEST Essex are committed to supporting business growth in Essex.”
Kelly Roast, Events Manager, Newsquest Essex
About the North Essex Business Awards
The Essex Business Awards have been established for 20 years and are a local platform for celebrating the very best business successes in the area. The awards aim to develop a healthy, prosperous and substantial local economy making it a desirable area to work and live.
See here for more information on the North Essex Business Awards.
Source [Essex Business Awards]