The Let’s Do Business Group is one of the leading providers of business support across the South East providing business advice, training, finance and networking opportunities. Let’s Do Business Group delivers the INVEST Essex service under contract to Essex County Council.
INVEST Essex is the Inward Investment and Business Growth Agency for Greater Essex working to attract new business investment and growth into one of the UK’s key economies.
Promoting and supporting the business opportunities of Essex, a county that is already home to over 86,000 international and UK companies we work directly with companies assisting them to benefit from one of the strongest and most strategic business locations in the UK.
Our team brings specialist support and experience providing a single point of contact for inward investors and existing businesses enabling companies to benefit fully from their business investment.
As the result of a new contract with Essex County Council, supported by the European Regional Development Fund we are strengthening and expanding our team in support of the business economy of Essex.
JOB TITLE: Location Services Manager (Small Business)
TEAM: INVEST Essex
REPORTING TO: Location Service Director
TERM: 12 month, full-time
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To assist with the delivery and development of all aspects of business advice to new and existing small and medium sized businesses throughout Essex and those looking to locate within the county through the provision of direct business advice and support. With a focus on growth this role will provide guidance and coaching on the business skills associated with profile raising, promotion and marketing of businesses and services in the digital world complimenting other business support provisions.
- Supporting SMEs to develop robust marketing strategies
- Establish strong relations with a pool of small and medium sized businesses providing business growth advice and Relationship Management through a programme one-to-one business support
- Provide advice, support and coaching to clients growing their business
- To respond to enquiries in a timely manner, identify best support path and ensuring non duplication of business support
- To undertake business needs assessments for businesses, and other organisations, brokering/delivering further support as required
- Raising awareness of and supporting business with applications for funding and after care support
- Ensuring documentation and support complies with ERDF evidence requirements
- To promote and sell the services of INVEST Essex and the Let’s Do Business Group, including (re-location) advice, training, events, finance and new services
- To promote the business support services of all the local authority sponsors/partners
- Provide support to the Senior Management Team in attending events (inc. Chambers, networking and exhibitions) and undertaking project management roles as required
- To support continual process and service improvement
- To populate and update CRM
- Additional duties include promotion of Essex/INVEST Essex to key influencers who will assist in promoting and developing the county
- To undertake such other tasks as considered appropriate by your Line Manager or Chief Executive
Contact and Communication
- With individuals and businesses wishing to start or grow their business in or looking to locate to Essex
- With external partners, funders and stakeholders
- With local authorities
- With other ERDF projects and business support providers
- With colleagues and other professionals
Key performance measures
- Ensuring key performance indicators are achieved
- Meeting prescribed targets relating to our quality and contractual standards
- Ensuring clients are advised and supported in line with specific programmes and projects.
- Ensuring an effective network of key influencers is developed and recorded.
- Ensuring delivery of the Group’s business plan objectives and targets
- Colleagues satisfaction with support for specific projects
- Adherence to all Data Protection, Confidentiality and Compliance protocols
- Adherence to ERDF evidence requirements
Education, training and qualifications
Educated to Level 3 standard or equivalent
Professional business qualification
Skills, knowledge and abilities
Role Specific Requirements
- Adding marketing and business development support to businesses
- Develop partnerships to maximise service offered to clients and reduce risk of duplication of support
- Supporting start-up and smaller businesses seeking to grow and develop
- Identify and actively encourage businesses to participate in case studies to promote the INVEST Essex service offer and success stories
- Leading Peer Networking Groups (primarily for start-up and/or smaller businesses)
- Identify supply chain opportunities and support maintenance of a supply chain referral network
- Ensure all documents relating to INVEST Essex project are completed, signed and retained as per ERDF requirements
- Networking is part of the role and you may be expected to attend these events outside of the core working hours
- It is expected that the successful applicant will have access to a suitable vehicle which will need to be insured for business use. Costs incurred for vehicle use for activities in connection with the position will be reimbursed at an agreed rate per mile.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 30th May 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: Tuesday 5th June 2018
To apply for this role please email CV to Kaye.Crittell@ldbgroup.co.uk
SOUTH EAST INVEST: Inward Investment for Essex and East Sussex
Part funded by the 2014 to 2020 European Regional Development Fund Programme