Essex is the UK’s multimodal logistics gateway. Locating at Essex’s multimodal hub can enable logistics businesses to increase supply chain efficiency, reduce costs, emissions and business risks.
Some of the global businesses that have positioned themselves in this optimal location include…
- Amazon – announced a 2m sq ft warehouse at the London Distribution Park at Tilbury last year
- UPS – made their largest non-USA investment in a £120m distribution centre at London Gateway Logistics Park
- DP World – the UK’s largest-ever single-site port investment (£1.5 billion) accommodating the world’s largest container ships
A viable distribution hub
Essex offers unrivalled access to complete multimodal connectivity…
- 4 sea ports, capable of handling all cargo types
- 6 port-linked rail freight terminals, connecting businesses directly to UK, European and Asian markets
- 3 portcentric distribution sites, totalling over 1,000 acres of developable land
- 6 London airports accessible within 90 minutes, including London Heathrow and London Stansted
- Fast market access by road, via the M25 London orbital motorway ,ro-ro and rail services to key UK and European markets
Find out more
INVEST Essex is exhibiting at the Global Expansion Summit in London from 18 to 20 June 2017. Book now to request a meeting to find out more about expanding your logistics or distribution operation in Essex.
Guests of INVEST Essex can receive 35% discount. Use code ESSEX at checkout.